Reports to: Board of Directors (President)
The Executive Director is the senior staff position in a Chamber of Commerce. The Executive Director plays a significant role in coordinating the planning of new activities, assisting Chamber committees, and acting as a liaison with various community organizations and levels of government.
Skill sets expected/needed of an ED: Bookkeeping,Event Planning, Marketing, Community Builder, Sales (memberships, sponsors), Community Liaison, Meeting Facilitator, Creative & innovative, Fundraiser, Multitasking.
1) Coordinate membership programs.
2) Planning, developing and proposing suitable program activities for the Chamber.
3) Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with appropriate government officials, community organizations and business leaders.
4) Managing communication programs designed to keep the membership and the public informed of Chamber activities (i.e. Chamber Chatter, Newsletters, Weekly Chamber Promo, Facebook, Twitter, Website)
5) Coordinate the budgeting process of the Chamber, and controlling expenditures within defined authority.
6) Organizing, directing and supervising the staff and their support activities.
7) Plan, develop and propose program activities for the Chamber including the AGM, Rodeo Kick-Off Supper and Christmas Promo, Business After Business, etc.
8) Plan and develop a Committee structure for the Chamber.
9) Prepare Agendas and complete minutes from monthly board meetings.
Those interested may submit their resume in person at 4802-50th Avenue, St. Paul (Downtown Mall) or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.